11/2/11

Campouts.

So, I have a knack for doing the most embarrassing thing possible that is unique to the situation, which brings me to today's post.

Story time.


A few years back I climbed the South Sister in Bend Oregon. It was supposed to be a nice happy stroll to the top and back, at least it was described that way to us. However, we had to follow certain signs and had to stick with the group. Unfortunately on the way up we lost a boy. But that is besides the point.

We summited the South Sister victoriously by mid afternoon. I was the last one there, so I was already a bit self conscience about being viewed as a wimp. Once summited I noticed that my upper inner thighs were moister than usual. I blew it off and thought it was just sweat. As we snaked our way down the beautiful slopes of the South Sister I felt my thighs again, but this time much much worse.


I called “Pee Stop!!” and found a bush to go nestle in. I dropped my garments and found my upper thighs rubbed raw and trickling blood. I was dubbed from that day on as “Period boy”.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great hike and the descent was incredible!

    Love

    dad

    ReplyDelete